Friday, March 18, 2016

Kitchen Sunshine I


At this time of year we usually have plenty of clementines on the kitchen counter, along with a few lemons and limes.  I wasn't sure I wanted to use a striped tea-towel under the glass plate, but I do like the colorful statement it makes -- plus, it's a nice challenge. ( I first used this tea-towel in my painting "Considering the Primaries." )  

Although I erased the pencil lines of the original sketch, before I took the photo below, you can see the direction I'm going in. My paper is a 9" x 12" block of Arches cold press 140#.


My palette includes the following colors:

Winsor & Newton:

  • New Gamboge
  • Yellow Ochre
  • Transparent Orange
  • Green Gold
  • Hooker's Green
  • Permanent Sap Green
  • Dioxizine Violet
  • Winsor Blue (GS)

Daniel Smith:

  • Quinacridone Burnt Scarlet
I'll continue posting photos as I move forward...

No comments: