Saturday, April 6, 2019

Freehand...

There are times when I just want to grab a brush and paint -- I might have an idea for a subject or I might need to search for a bit of inspiration. Today, I was admiring the peony paintings of several watercolorists I know, but I also felt daunted by the attention to detail they gave to this subject. My solution was to approach peonies in a different way -- totally freehand. These were quick watercolor sketches, but they were fun to do and also were the perfect, colorful antidote to the grey and drizzly weather we've had lately. All are available for purchase at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks. Click HERE to go to the gallery.

"High Noon Peony" transparent watercolor  6.5" x 4.5"

"Peony by Night" transparent watercolor  6.5" x 4.5" SOLD

"In the Cool of the Evening" transparent watercolor  6.5" x 4.5"

No comments: